When it comes to fresh graduates, we look at their attitude and aptitude — their natural ability to do something and their potential to grow. They must show passion, be results-oriented and show that they have a commitment both to the company and to our customers.
What do employers look for in fresh graduates?
In most cases, this will involve showing qualities such as self-motivation, professional communication, team work and problem-solving abilities. It may also be worth doing some specific research into what values are most important for the graduate jobs and companies you’re applying to.
What do Singaporean employers look for?
SINGAPORE (THE BUSINESS TIMES) – Employers in Singapore seek to hire those with communication skills, problem-solving skills and strategic thinking over those with traditional attributes, professional networking platform LinkedIn said in a report.
How do I sell myself as a fresh graduate?
2) Sell Your Skills
This is a crucial step towards convincing the hiring manager that you’re not just a blank slate who needs time and money to be trained, but that you already have what they need.
How do you make fresh graduates employable?
Tips and Tricks For Malaysian Graduates To Increase Employability
- Pick Up IT Skills. According to Jobstreet’s Job Outlook 2019, employers are looking for candidates that are skilled in Information Technology. …
- Actively Find Work Experience. …
- Work on Developing Your Soft Skills. …
- Prepare Well For Your Interview.
What are the top skills employers look for?
The top 5 skills employers look for include:
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Professionalism and strong work ethic.
- Oral and written communications skills.
What employers want from graduates?
What do employers look for in graduates?
- Leadership and initiative.
- Problem solving.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management.
- Decision making.
What are things employers look for?
Top 10 Skills/Qualities Employers Seek:
Ability to work in a team structure. Ability to make decisions and solve problems. Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work. Ability to obtain and process information.
What hiring managers are looking for?
Here are the top five things hiring managers look for in a job interview that will set you apart from the competition.
- Passion. While skills and experience are essential, hiring managers also look for passion. …
- Fit. …
- Preparation. …
- Resourcefulness. …
- Willingness to learn.
What to say when you dont have experience?
Below are some of the most common questions for applicants with no experience:
- Tell me about yourself. …
- Why should we hire you? …
- Why do you want to work here? …
- What other jobs have you held? …
- Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult situation. …
- Tell me about a time you worked with a team to complete a project.
How do you answer if interviewer ask Tell me about yourself?
A Simple Formula for Answering “Tell Me About Yourself”
- Present: Talk a little bit about what your current role is, the scope of it, and perhaps a big recent accomplishment.
- Past: Tell the interviewer how you got there and/or mention previous experience that’s relevant to the job and company you’re applying for.
How do you talk about a skill you don’t have in an interview?
In addressing the question, you should admit that you don’t have the skill but then quickly backup your answer with “supportive reasoning,” he explains. Drexler uses this example: A hiring manager asks whether you have experience using PowerPoint and you’ve never used it before.
Why it is hard to get a job as a fresh graduate?
Fresh graduates face steep competition
As the number of college graduates and degree holders has increased during the past years, so has the number of job applicants vying for the same position. This means tough competition in the job market, specifically for entry-level posts.
Is it possible to get a job during Covid?
Employers are still hiring while they adapt to the realities of COVID-19. Demand for workers is growing across the country, with some sectors even facing labour shortages. There are many job opportunities available.
What kind of skills do you need to make yourself employable?
Employability skills include things like:
- Good communication.
- Motivation and initiative.
- Following instructions.
- Team work.